Skip to content

Greg Ringele – 1981 to 1983? – Greg Joyce’s “Rabbit Song”

Home Forums Revised Post From The Past That Were Previously Lost Greg Ringele – 1981 to 1983? – Greg Joyce’s “Rabbit Song”

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      admin
      Keymaster

Name: Greg Ringele

Hi, Terry D.
      thx for making this web site, this is GREAT!!!

I miss the woods and the river trips and most of all Greg Joyce, I don’t think anyone could forget him. I was in camp I think from maybe 81′ thru 83′
      I started as a tonk then finished as a Ranger. Greg was instrumental in getting me moved the rangers.

I’ll try to get u some pics so u can post them… thx much Terry

Added: October 8, 2008

——–

Name: Terry D

Hi Greg Ringele & Forrest Keefe. It’s great that you found this website. Thanks for posting your messages. I noticed that you’re both in South Dakota and that you both were involved with the Tonks around the same time. Do you two know each other?

Greg getting those pictures would be great. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

I knew Greg Joyce very well and like with you he had a huge impact on my experience at camp. Did you ever see him do that thing where he stuffed his entire hand into his mouth? That was so weird! I have a picture of him doing it somewhere.

I have hundreds of pictures I took while in camp. I just wish I could find the time scan then all in and get them on the Photo Gallery website. Maybe some time soon.

Thanks, Terry D.

Added: October 12, 2008

———-

Name: greg ringele

Hey Terry I also remember that he could get out of a strait jacket and he used too, sing that song about a rabbit and he used to read to us from a book of a family of rabbits, and a family of moles… i think the rabbits name was “elarayra”. ive tried finding him, but i havent had any luck. do u know why the camp was closed?

thx, Greg

Added: October 13, 2008

——–

Name: greg ringele

Greg Joyces “Rabbit Song”
      Little rabbit in the woods
      little man by the window stood
      saw a rabbit rushing by, frightened as can be
      !!help me!! help me!! help me!!
      the rabbit said
      before the hunter shoot me dead
      come little rabbit, come with me
      happy we will be.

Added: October 13, 2008

———

Name: Forrest Keefe
      Hi Terry,

I think Greg and I are trying to figure that out. I may have been the Ranger Counselor just before he moved to the Rangers. How we both ended up here is strange. Not like Texas, the seasons are very much different. Winters long and cold, but lots of snow boarding, hunting, and snow ball fights in my part of the state. Do miss the humid woods!

Added: October 14, 2008

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Revised Post From The Past That Were Previously Lost’ is closed to new topics and replies.